NOW YEARBOOK 1982 Special Edition 4CD Book Pack
RELEASE DATE FEBRUARY 4 2022
NOW Music is proud to present the newest addition to the ‘Yearbook’ series: NOW – YEARBOOK 1982. 4 CDs of 84 defining tracks that ruled the charts in 1982. This special edition CD is housed in ‘hard-back book’ packaging, including a booklet with a summary of the year, a track-by-track guide, a quiz, and original singles artwork.
Featuring 16 of the year’s number 1s, including ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ (Survivor), ‘Ebony And Ivory’ (Paul McCartney), ‘House Of Fun’ (Madness), ‘Town Called Malice’ (The Jam), ‘Pass The Dutchie’ (Musical Youth), and 1982’s biggest seller ‘Come On Eileen’ from Dexys Midnight Runners.
1982 saw the first huge hits from a wealth of new artists including Culture Club, Wham! and Tears For Fears, as well as an incredible line-up from artists who had established their chart presence in the prior 18 months and would produce some of the greatest tracks of the decade; Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, ABC, Haircut 100, Soft Cell, The Human League, and a newly solo Adam Ant.
‘Fame’ was the TV phenomenon of the year, and its cast, ‘The Kids From “Fame”’, along with Irene Cara’s theme from the original 1980 film, enjoyed massive success.
As ABBA released their last singles for nearly 40 years, pure-pop from Bucks Fizz, Dollar, Tight Fit, Modern Romance and Kim Wilde is celebrated alongside synth-pop gems from New, Order, Simple Minds, Visage and Japan.
Leading artists from the punk scene enjoyed continued and renewed success, including The Stranglers, The Clash and Pretenders, whilst Foreigner, Meat Loaf with Cher, and Steve Miller Band provided radio-favourite rock and power ballads.
1982 saw a huge chart presence for dance music – from the hi-NRG of Boys Town Gang and Sylvester, to the electro-infused beats of Malcolm McLaren, and Rockers Revenge, the 1980’s disco of Shalamar, Kool & The Gang and Imagination alongside soul classics from Marvin Gaye, Fat Larry’s Band, Donna Summer, and a return to the charts for Dionne Warwick. Plus, stellar ballads from Elton John, Lionel Richie, and Roxy Music.
NOW – Yearbook 1982; a celebration of the eclectic brilliance of the year in pop.
CD 1 CD2
- Wham! - Young Guns (Go For It!) 1. Paul McCartney – Ebony And Ivory
- Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes 2. Irene Cara – Fame
- ABC - The Look Of Love - Pt. 1 3. Shalamar – A Night To Remember
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf 4. Odyssey – Inside Out
- Spandau Ballet - Instinction 5. Evelyn “Champagne” King –LoveCome Down
- Haircut 100 - Love Plus One 6. Kool & The Gang – Get Down On It
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me 7. Carly Simon – Why
- ABBA - Under Attack 8. Malcolm McLaren, The World’s Famous
- Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe Supreme Team – Buffalo Gals
- Tight Fit - Fantasy Island 9. Rockers Revenge feat. Donnie Calvin -
- Dollar – Videotheque Walking On Sunshine
- Madness - House Of Fun 10. Boys Town Gang – Can’t Take My Eyes Off
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen You
- The Jam - Town Called Malice 11. Patrick Cowley feat. Sylvester – Do You
- Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild In The Country Wanna Funk
- Fun Boy Three feat. Bananarama - It Ain't12. Imagination – Just An Illusion
What You Do It's The Way That You Do It 13. Soft Cell – Torch
- Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie 14. Tears For Fears – Mad World
- Fat Larry’s Band – Zoom 15. The Human League – Mirror Man
- Dionne Warwick – Heartbreaker 16. A Flock Of Seagulls – Wishing (If I Had A
- Lionel Richie – Truly Photograph Of You)
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing 17. Visage – The Damned Don’t Cry
- Donna Summer - State Of Independence 18. Simple Minds – Promise You A Miracle
- Utravox – Reap The Wild Wind
- Orchestral Manoeuvers In The Dark – Maid
Of Orleans (The Waltz Joan Of Arc).
- Japan – Ghosts
CD 3 CD4
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger 1. ABBA – The Day Before You Came
- Meat Loaf with Cher - Dead Ringer For Love 2. Elton John – Blue Eyes
- The J. Geils Band – Centerfold 3. Duran Duran – Save A Prayer
- Steve Miller Band – Abracadabra 4. ABC – All Of My Heart
- Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang 5. The Kids From “Fame” – Starmaker
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go 6. Bucks Fizz- My Camera Never Lies
For That (No Can Do) 7. Dollar – Mirror Mirror
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's 8. Bardo – One Step Further
Theme (Best That You Can Do) 9. Kim Wilde – View From A Bridge
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry 10. Haircut 100 – Fantastic Day
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You 11. Modern Romance – Best Years Of
- Roxy Music – Avalon Our Lives
- The Stranglers - Golden Brown 12. Blondie – Island Of Lost Souls
- Siouxsie And The Banshees – Fireworks 13. Tight Fit – The Island Sleeps Tonight
- The Clash - Rock The Casbah 14. Shakin’ Stevens – Oh Julie
- The Jam - Beat Surrender 15. Mari Wilson – Just What I Always
- Madness - Our House Wanted
- Toyah – Brave New World 16. Nicole – A Little Peace
- Altered Images - See Those Eyes 17. Charlene – I’ve Never Been To Me
- Haysi Fantayzee - John Wayne Is Big Leggy 18. Clannad – Theme From Harry’s Game
- The Associates - Party Fears Two 19. Ph.D. – I Won’t Let You Down
- New Order – Temptation 20. Japan – I Second That Emotion
- Soft Cell – Say Hello, Wave Goodbye